River tours and events
We run four or more river tours/events each year at picturesque reaches of the Yarra. They include guided walking tours and a guided tour by bike. Our format is to have several experts give talks at key sites about local history and river ecology. The goal is to provide both an enjoyable and educational experience.
- Boroondara Sustainability Festival, 8am to 1pm, Saturday 17 September 2016, Patterson Reserve, Auburn Road, Hawthorn East (Melway 59 E3) — stall.
- Stonnngton bike ride, 27 November 2016 – contact Stonnington Council. Visit stonnington.vic.gov.au/environmentalevents or call 8290 1333.
Here are some of our recent past tours and events:
- Stonnington bike ride, 30 April 2016
- Catchment Crawl bike ride with Boroondara, 31 January 2016
- Walk and Talk on the Yarra, with Boroondara Council, 2 December 2015
- 10th Anniversary Celebrations, Fitzroy Town Hall, 11 November 2015
- Stonnington bike ride, 8 November 2015
- Plenty River bike ride, October 2015
- Bush Poetry at Herring Island 2014
- YRKa Bike Ride 2014
- Kew Festival walk, March 2014
- Information stall at Sustainable Living Festival (Boroondara), 15 February 2014
- Bush Poetry at Herring Islnand 2013
- YRKa bike ride, 2013
- Yarra Yabber bus tour
- Yarra Champions Workshop